Tykro Forage Solutions produces and sells high quality, energy rich, and natural silage products. Whether you are a multi-national company or family farm we can satisfy your animal feed needs. Contact Tykro Forage Solutions today. We will make sure you are satisfied.
The basic foundation. Corn silage will provide all the roughage and energy needed to maintain your animals year round.
- Crude Protein – 9%
- Crude Fat – 2%
- TDN – 65%
- Dry Matter – 45%
WHO EATS THIS?
- Deer & Elk
The Perfect Blend. Tykro TOTAL will provide all the energy and roughage needed for superior performance. This blend packs a punch! You will see immediate results in your animals’ energy level and body condition.
- Corn Silage
- Rolled Barley
- Corn Distillers Grain
- Crude Protein – 16%
- Crude Fat – 5%
- TDN – 72%
- Dry Matter – 58%
WHO EATS THIS?
- Deer & Elk
NATURAL PROBIOTIC INOCULANT
All of our products contain an all-natural probiotic inoculant. This microbial inoculant contains yeast, photosynthetic bacteria and lacto bacillus bacteria. These beneficial microbes combine to dramatically increase overall gut health. They assist with food absorption, immunity and contribute to the manufacture of vitamins. This probiotic, combined with our high quality feed, greatly reduces the likelihood of disease in your animals.
WHY TYKRO FORAGE?
- Our products are high-quality, energy rich, and all-natural
- Most animal feeds like dry hay and grains contain natural protective coatings made up of enzyme inhibitors and phytic acid that make the feed very difficult to digest. Nature designed these coatings to protect the plants and ensure their survival. Unfortunately, this is counteractive to the digestion and absorption of nutrients by animals
- Our process of ensiling and sealing the feed in a high-density, compressed package helps to break down these natural coatings through fermentation with the help of all-natural, organic micro-organisms
- This process makes the nutrients easier to absorb through digestion for all animals
- Airborne mold and dust free
- Probiotic forage – fermentation enriches the forage with yeast, enzymes, and natural microbes that really help digestion
- Increased weight gain
- Increased milk production
- Increased herd health
- Zero waste
- Consistent nutrition
- Indoor or outdoor storage
- Enhanced digestibility
- No hay belly
- Probiotic Forage is a much better choice than regular dry hay for a number of reasons:
- Much higher TDN
- More palatable
- Contains all the natural probiotic juices that are found in the plant when it is still growing plus the additional microbes developed through fermentation
- Our Probiotic Forage is as close to nature as you can get
- Regular dry hay has an approximate optimum harvest window of 1 week. Outside this small window, the quality of hay is drastically reduced and can be of little nutritional value to your animal
- Probiotic Forage has a larger harvest window that can last as long as a month and therefore give us more time to make sure we can put up a superior quality product with consistent nutritional content
ABOUT TYKRO FORAGE SOLUTIONS
Mission: providing premium feed to pet and livestock owners throughout the world.
- Tykro Forage Solutions is a Silage production and supply company based in Western Canada
- We have a vision to bring high quality, energy rich, and natural silage products to the marketplace
- Tykro Forage Solutions comes into this market with a distinct advantage of 30 plus years’ experience in forage and feed production
- We have a large land base that provides an excellent and constant supply of feed
- Our team is very experienced and knowledgeable
- Our customers benefit from our intimate understanding of our entire business, from soil preparation, planting, and harvesting, to animal nutrition and logistics
Board of Directors:
Peter L. Howell, Chairman
Mr. Howell offers a strong financial and managerial background developed over 35 years in investment banking, commercial banking, and senior level financial management. His career includes several years as Global Managing Director for Rabobank – one of the largest and strongest banks in the world. Mr. Howell has also been Executive Director of the International Advisory Division for Lehman Brothers International as well as President of Chase Manhattan Bank, North America in New York and Santiago, Chile. He has lived in six countries and worked on almost every continent in the world. He has been actively involved in a broad range of transactions, and had direct oversight over financial organizations, worth tens of billions of dollars.
Bill Tuer, Board Member
Mr. Tuer offers an unprecedented depth of business and legal experience built over a 40 year career as a transactional lawyer operating across the globe. His distinguished legal career includes representing and conducting transactions on behalf of and between the likes of: Barclay’s Bank, McDonalds Corporation, CP Rail, TD Bank, Mitsui Japan, and Citibank, New York. He has served on the boards of the Canadian representative companies of some of the largest steel mill companies in the world such as Kawasaki Steel, Sumitomo, and Nippon Steel. He has been actively involved in numerous transactions that total in the tens of billions of dollars. Mr. Tuer played a significant role in the expansion of the firm Macleod Dixon LLP from a single office in Calgary, AB to having offices in five countries around the world. As managing Partner, Mr. Tuer then led Macleod Dixon to merge with Norton Rose Canada, becoming Norton Rose Fulbright, one of the largest law firms in the world with over 4000 lawyers and over $2B in revenue.
David Halford, Board Member
Mr. Halford’s extensive career in the world of corporate finance has given him incredible insight and knowledge. His particular expertise includes, but is not limited to, financial management, corporate strategy, enterprise risk management, and transactional strategy and execution. Mr. Halford is a designated CPA who started his career with the likes of Deloitte & Touche as a partner in the corporate finance group where he performed various financing and M&A transactions. He then served as CFO for multi-billion dollar, Irving Oil. His career also included serving as Executive VP of Finance as well as CFO for Enmax Energy, a public utility company with over $3B in revenue. Mr. Halford’s commendable career has had his hands directly involved in multiple transactions totaling in the tens of billions of dollars.
Tyrell Sears, Founding Director/CEO
Mr. Sears has a strong financial, managerial, and operational background stemming from 15 years’ experience in the agribusiness world. He has dealt with all levels of business, from ground floor operations to senior level management and financial services. A large agribusiness joint venture with annual turnover of $80M+ was the fortunate setting Mr. Sears grew up in and spent his formative years there honing his business and financial skills. He has been the CEO of a farming operation that spanned more than 25,000 acres across Western Canada as well as managing a multi-million dollar foreign exchange and interest rate trading account that dealt with the most sophisticated derivative trading products in the world.